Back at the Orientation Session we all recieved a free T-Shirt. The Guildford Riders decided that it'd be really nice to wear them when we get together for funraising events. A great idea! But...
I have my problems with this T-Shirt. It doesn't fit me even though I picked the smallest size. I feel quite uncomfortable in it and would never wear it given the choice. Here's how it looked on me:
Some may feel that this is perfectly fine. But I like my attire to fit me snugly, like so:
Now this is a nice fitting piece of clothing, isn't it?
I certainly don't want to be a party pooper and not wear the tee and come up with lame excuses (I forgot, I lost it, the dog ate it, ...) but I just wouldn't wear it the way it was. So what was there to do?
Good thing that I am in possession of a sewing machine, a daredevil spirit, and the inherited skills of two seamstress grandmothers (which I hardly put to use) who both have since passed on. But I'd like to think that their sewing ways are still very alive and well!
(Plus I could always ask the Foundation to please send me another T-Shirt, I have the feeling they have some extras laying around.)
So! With no futher ado I give to you...
The Official 2010 Ride to Conquer Cancer fitted Tee!
Fetching, isn't it? Bowling night here I come!
(I wonder if my fellow female riders will notice and ask...)
Many thanks to Stacy from the Sewing Republic for her instructional video.
It helped me a lot, especially with the sleeve issue.




6 comments:
I realize that I keep mistyping "fundraising". Usually I catch and correct it but this time I'll just leave it. There might be a good reason for my typo.
Good job! No, make that GREAT! That good fit makes all the difference in the world. There's something wrong with those other gals if they don't ask how you got yours to fit so well. Your seamstressing lineage is showing.
It is in my blood too, although I rarely use it now days. Should chang that though.
Thanks, Ronda!
Sewing is so much fun once you get back into it, right?
I always tell myself that I should do it more often, too.
If you ever saw my sewing then you would never say sewing is fun. Well at least it's not for me. I just cannot sew for some reason and so therefore I hate sewing. Mostly because I am so jealous of anyone who can and doesn't. Just kidding, but I truly cannot sew. Everyone else in my family can but then being a tomboy did not help. I was good at sports and they were not. I think this makes a good excuse.
Yeah, and just show off the fact that you have no hips to speak of. And that you have a great shape. I'm so jealous. LOL
God bless.
PS...obviously not jealous enough to exercise and change my looks. LOL again.
And starting to get to be too old to care anymore even though I know I should. I need to work on this. No really, I neeeeeed to work on this.
GBA
Haha, Sherry, you are too funny! :D
With the amount of cycling I am doing it's really not too hard to shed a few pounds.
Don't be jealous. It's pretty hard work...
As for the sewing part: tons of nice things one can get ready-made at the store, no? Plus you're helping the economy! ;)
Post a Comment