Some may remember my (t)rusty companion of 15+ years. The one I went through thick and thin with, the one I shared countless joyful hours with.
Well, that one left for the big farm up North on the weekend...
Oh, who am I kidding! I gave him away!! To a reckless young woman. I didn't realize just what I've done but it would soon dawn on me. I showed the young woman how to work the gears and how to use the brakes properly. She didn't pay much attention and was eager to get going already. She tried to get on from the right side. So explained to her how to get on a bike. She looked at me like I was crazy and chose to get on the way she originally intended with the use of her husband as support. I started to feel quite sick in the pit of my stomach. A friend started joking about release and waiver agreements. Oyvey. She went for a little spin which went surprisingly well - until she came downhill. Everybody watching screamed "Brakes! Braaakes!!" She smiled widely and looked a bit puzzled until she ran over her husband and kissed the pavement hello. Luckily she didn't hurt herself or anybody else. DH caught everything on tape and intended to post the video in Youtube. We also thought that we would send the footage to America's Funniest Home Videos and share the prize money we would win for sure. But then he didn't really tape the crash as he had pushed the wrong button. Aw. Well I guess it's for the best.
Two days later the proud new bike owner was completely out of commission. She must have overdone it grossly as she was flat on her back with sore legs. Couldn't walk anymore. Had to stay in bed! :-o So the story goes. I swear I am not making this stuff up!
You take good care of Rusty, you reckless young woman! Take it easy - and wear a helmet for crying out loud!
God, I feel guilty on so many different levels...
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Poor Rusty! Sending him protective energy. I do to Reckless Woman too but I have a feeling she's used to herself and her silly ways. So sorry to hear DH pushed the wrong button. I was looking forward to seeing that vid!
Hehe, Ronda, I'm not sure the reckless woman would approve.
Wouldn't want to embarrass her...
Thanks for the protective energy, that's so nice of you!
Sometimes we just gotta let go and move on. Who am I kidding, it is hard to let go and move on. We can only hope that she will awaken to her treasure in Rusty and take good care of him.
I would like to join Ronda and send some protective energy to them both and some hopeful energy to you, along with some prayers for Rusty's safety. But it is good to realize that he has had such a long and wonderful life with you.
Wow, the stories that Rusty could tell. Maybe Rusty could tell me how you look in those leggings, just kidding. The link you put in my comments does not work. I am not sure why. I added the www. and it still would not work.
And I keep forgetting to tell you that I did answer VE's question about the ride. I just did it in "his" comments, hoping for more interest.
I need to get to work on that email. I am just still sick and today is the first day that I have actually spent so much time on the computer. My iPhone is great cause I can lay in bed and play with it but it is not easy to type comments on it. It will not let me scroll up and down in comments and I am not sure why. So either I do very short comments or I better make sure I made no mistakes or want to change anything before posting. I almost always make mistakes and change things in my comments. If not I sometimes make no sense.
God bless.
PS...isn't it funny how many more comments I am getting now that I posted something different.
To be perfectly honest Sherry, I am not really feeling all that bad about Rusty. I was trying to be funny. I would have just put him out for spring clean up otherwise. Now I know he found a new owner who sure appreciates him (hence the sore legs). One shouldn't forget: it's just a bike we're talking about after all.
Aww, thank you for helping me out! But please take it easy and don't feel obligated, ok?
Hmmm... I'll try posting that link again, does this one work for you?
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_RlnUkT88kRM/S7zRqQQZaVI/AAAAAAAABR0/JvzXPjt9Uig/leggins.jpg
Post a Comment