Monday, April 12, 2010

Critical Mass!

Whoohoo! I am very excited as I just learned about this: 

"Critical Mass is a bicycling event typically held on the last Friday of every month in over 300 cities around the world. While the ride was originally founded in 1992 in San Francisco with the idea of drawing attention to how unfriendly the city was to cyclists, the leaderless structure of Critical Mass makes it impossible to assign it any one specific goal. In fact, the purpose of Critical Mass is not formalized beyond the direct action of meeting at a set location and time and traveling as a group through city or town streets on bikes."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass

They have it in Vancouver, too! I wonder when the next event is. I guess I'll have to do some research on that. It certainly sounds like a lot of fun. Costumes are encouraged! Woow...  guess I get to wear the pirate leggings!
Image (c) by Mona Caron

4 comments:

Ronda Laveen said...

You will look hot and be a hit!

Ze O said...

Ronda! You are too funny! :D

Mrsupole said...

It sounds like fun and you will look hot in those leggings. The new link does not work, maybe you could just email me the pic.

I was just wonderiing if you could somehow get a T-shirt made that has the Ride to Conquer Cancer logo on it, along with your website requesting sponsors. I cannot think of a better place to try and find them. Or DH could hand out flyers to friends and family of the riders at the beginning of the race and at the end of the route. Just a thought to give you another idea.

God bless.

Ze O said...

If you copy the link and paste it in your browser window, it will. I've tried it.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will definitely get DH involved. He's done quite a bit already. But there's more fun stuff planned. You'll read about it soon. ;)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com and Christina