It was a gorgeous day today so I decided to definitely go riding even though I would not attend the official training ride (too early in the day and too much trouble putting my bike in the car to drive to the meeting place for not even getting a snack... But no complaining today!).
It's official: highways don't scare me anymore. They actually give you a great workout as there are hardly any red lights and you can go as fast as you like. Here's a bit of footage:
That was before my chain came off 3 times in a row. Once it got stuck so badly that I had to fiddle with it for at least 20 minutes. I wasn't sure if I could get it loose - it was a total doozy. This was also before my bottle with my DIY Gatorade got away (I was too busy fiddeling to notice) and rolled in the middle of the road. Yes, all that happened right there on the highway! YIKES!! I was lucky there was a break in traffic so I could run snatch the bottle up. For some weird reason it did not get hit by a car. I kept reminding myself that it's just a stupid bottle and that it's really not worth risking my live for it. And I really didn't. I swear. :-/
No, I am not scared and definitely ready to take on that Courier Career downtown I've been dreaming about for years (they make good money and get lots of exercise).
By contrast, this was my serene Easter ride last weekend. The noise is actually a waterfall! Pretty, hm? Beautiful but not much of a challenge. Mixing it up is a good thing I'm sure.
Here's Rusty # 2's (I finally decided on a name after the 3 mishaps today! :D) first big outing to Canada Place. That was today as well.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
My Way's the Highway
Posted by Ze O at Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Aren't you the tricksy one...riding and videoing all at the same time! How come the chain comes off? Like bottle. Lucky YOU. You nut! Bottles are cheap to replace. Bodies are not.
Haha! Danger is my middle name! :D
There is something wrong with the gears, the chain keeps coming off whenever I shift into a particular high gear. It's frustrating. This is a brand new bike! It was just in the shop for service. What's the deal? >:(
The things I have to put up with these days. But it'll get better.
Ditto to what Ronda said. You cannot be replaced and I sure do hope you get that bike fixed before the ride. Safety should always be your first concern.
And are you allowed to get side mirrors on the handlebars, seems to me that if you are going to be riding with cars on the rode that you should have a mirror to see them coming. I always try to watch out for those on a bike because as a driver, we never know for sure what can happen to someone on a bike. They can hit a rock or take a tumble and then fall in front of our car. I do the same for those on a motorcycle. Maybe I think too much.
God bless.
PS...enjoyed the videos, like the waterfall noise.
Thanks for your concern, Sherry! :)
I think it's wonderful that you are so considerate. We need more people like you. My experience in the city was a good one, though. You see, there are a lot of cyclists in Vancouver and people are used to them. That definitely helps.
I don't think you think too much. I think you're being very nice!
Post a Comment