Monday, April 19, 2010

The Down Side of Self-Control

"Self-control is a limited resource, one we cannot go on exercising indefinitely any more than we can run 100 miles without rest and replenishment. A group of research psychologists has been proposing and refining that concept for more than a decade, and in a newly published paper, two of them report it has disturbing moral implications..."
Read the full article here.

I for one can only confirm the research psychologists' findings.
Below is a quick overview of my past weekend.
Dang it, I loved every minute of it!


4 comments:

Ronda Laveen said...

Shoot, girl! It looks like mine too, only minus the sleeping.

Ze O said...

Haha! Those weekends are the best, aren't they, Ronda?

Mrsupole said...

The sleeping part looks like my weekends lately, just cannot seem to shake this lung and ear infection. I seem to be constantly tired at times and just cannot wake up. I am wheezing again and have heard that other people with asthma are having the same problems too. Maybe there is just too much pollen out here right now due to all the rains this year. Something is going on and this is not normal.

Glad you had a great weekend.

God bless.

Ze O said...

I think it's best to just listen to your body, Sherry, and take it easy. If you're tired, sleep. I am sure your body is working hard on dealing with this.
Feel much better soon! ((Hug))

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com and Christina