Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Goodbye Tattoos and Teething Rings



This post has little to do with cancer, cycling, or the Ride.
I learned yesterday that one of my longstanding anonymous Blogger friends has called it quits. Just like that. Really didn't see it coming. I don't think anyone did.
Here's what she wrote:
"It is with a heavy heart and shaking hands that I type this. As much as I have enjoyed "meeting" so many of you and getting to know you, sharing my life and stories, I must end this blog. I'm trying to do it in the least painful way possible, and without a lot of drama. I will absolutely miss the camaraderie and commiserating, the laughter and tears of joy you all have brought to my life, but there are things right now that require more attention than this blog. I have to focus on my health and my family, and I hope that you all understand. [...]

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and support, it has meant so much to me!"

Tats, you've been nothing but a wonderful Blogger; fun, witty, and extradonary. I thoroughly enjoy your style.
I hope everything will be ok and I hope you're not in some kind of trouble (you do have me worried).
It's funny how anonymous people of the Internet can grow on you. You will be sorely missed and I hope that one day you will miraculously appear again. Your comments and support has meant just as much to me.
Wishing you all the best! Big hug!

4 comments:

Ronda Laveen said...

Sad! She seemed a lovely person. I hope she just needs some extra time off and is not ill. There are so many bloggers I see quitting lately. Many. But I guess all things have a life span.

Ze O said...

I think she may have gotten into trouble or something.
Sometimes that happens when family members read the Blog, I guess.
what I realized doing this: you simply can't write without making someone upset.

Really? Lots of people are quitting? I haven't noticed yet - but then - all I see is bikes left and right. ;)

Mrsupole said...

Yup, in the last 6 months there have been many bloggers who just disappear and do not even say anything or their blogs just sit there for months with nothing written on them. A few have come back, but that is it, and then you have new ones that start up. I mean literally there are thousands if not more than a million out there, but it is just the few that we connect with that live in our little corner of bloggyworld. Some how we find each other and we can slowly grow to a larger group but it is hard to keep up with too many and so for me at least it is easier to keep to the few, and then I can know them better. I see some where the person goes around and writes one liners in the comments and a lot of it is just generic words which makes one wonder if the commenter really read the post. And then some I have seen where they just paste and copy the same comment. They are just looking for people to come visit their blogs and don't really care about the other bloggers. But I think those one are just trying to make money with advertisements. Oh well in the end it is their loss.

So sorry to see Tattoos and Teething Rings go. I have enjoyed her comments here. My prayers are with her and hope that when everything in her life works out that she can come back.

I do try to be careful about what I write about friends and family and mostly write not much about them. They have told me very firmly to leave them out of the blog. Only the grandkids allow me to write some things about them, but I still have to be careful. Maybe this is why I am having such a hard time writing lately, I find it is hard to just write about me. Oh well, maybe I better get used to it.

God bless.

Ze O said...

I know what you mean, Sherry. I haven't seen too many fan fishers out there, just the occasional one. They'll soon enough find out that it's not working.
Hehe, I always think about all these writers and their family and friends that get very upset at what they've published. You really have to make some big sacrifices in order to be sensational. But I guess the $$ are good. Tats wasn't like that at all, though. But at times it's like you find out someone's been snooping in your closet - even though we all KNOW that this is a public place. I think we just start thinking that noone's really reading all this stuff anyway, at least not the people we know in real life. But they Do! (Hi there, V, M and sometimes R! :D) So yeah, we are out there and may as well get used to the idea.
Thanks for your thoughts, Sherry!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com and Christina