Yes, you can say I was pretty much born on a bicycle.
This is me right there in the front with my first ride and my buddy Donald. (I actually remember the thing rocking back and forth when in motion.)
In the back there's my brother, my sis in the centre, and my cousin on the right (she is the one who lost her husband to cancer a few years ago...)
Alright! To be perfectly truthful: I had the roughest time learning how to bike. The tricycle wasn't much of a challenge and training wheels helped me out a lot after that. But when they were going to take them off, all hell broke lose and I refused to do any more riding. I was scared stiff and thought I'd never be able to do it. It took me years, all the other kids my age were already able to go without training wheels (or so it seemed to me).
I also remember my brother threatening me, when I was whiny, to give me a nice training lesson in cycling without training wheels. That usually shut me up right then and there.
Ah yes, childhood memories...
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment