Friday, March 5, 2010

Exercise Regime

Even though Rusty and I haven't been biking together in many moons, I still get my regular fill of cycling action. In the convenience of my home. That's right! I own a stationary bike and put it to good use.
My usual routine includes 15 km in approximately 39 to 40 minutes 6 times a week. That's not too shabby, I reckon, and a good start.
Ever since I've decided to to the Ride, my performance has magically improved. I am now able to do the 15 in as little as 36 minutes! It must be the excitement about this event.

Photo courtesy of Stock.XCHNG

I've also started to increase the distance. Wednesday I did 21 km in 52 minutes. It was great. Had the rubbery legs and was sweating bullets.
I also increased my weightlifting routine and am more serious about stretching now, which I've been neglecting a bit in the past. What a difference! No aches and pains anymore. I feel 10 years younger.  
I will keep training at home until I go buy that new bike I need, which will only be after March the 15th, the date of my orientation session. It's only 10 days away, but it seems soooo loooong.

2 comments:

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Love it! I have an exercise bike and a treadmill...I should dust them off and starting using them!

Ze O said...

What really helps me: music!
I couldn't do it without my Ipod.
Then I really get into the zone.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com and Christina