Photo courtesy of Stock.XCHNG
- I am doing it for my cousin's husband who died of a brain tumor a few summers ago and left my cousin a widow before the age of 40.
- ---------------------------------------->>
- I am doing it for my two young coworkers' mom who is suffering from endrometrial caner. She's been fighting for such a long time now and things don't look good. Her two daughters are amazing, always hopeful, positive, and friendly. You would never guess that there is a life altering crisis taking place at home. They keep reminding us to spend as much time as we can with our loved ones. Those girls are amazing!
- -------------------------------------------->>
- I am doing it for that lady who walked into the office one day to go into a bizarre outburst of fury. Later she shared with tears in her eyes and shaking all over that she is currently undergoing chemo therapy. It was then that I noticed the wig. The only thing I could do that moment was rub her back and asssure her that we will service her the best we can.
- ------------------------------------------------>>
- I am doing it for this amazing group of women suffering from breast cancer and giving each other support on the Internet. One of their lighter discussion topics seems ordinary but is of such importance: hair! They are swapping photos of growth progress, sharing ideas on how to apply make-up in a way that it is hard to tell that you have no eyelashes or eyebrows and tell each hilarious jokes e.g. about the time in the doctor's waiting room when one of the ladies completely forgot that she was wearing a wig and not a hat on that cold day, took it off, put it on the hat shelf, and had a seat only to realize a little later that everybody in the room was staring at her with great surprise. These ladies are such an inspiration and a reminder that life will always allow room for a positive attitude and humor.
- ---------------------------------------------------->>
- I am doing it for all those women, men, and children whom I've never met, who are facing the battle with cancer everyday, who will be diagnosed in the future, who are survivors, who didn't make it. May this devastating disease be put to a full stop one day and may the diagnosis cancer not be a matter of life and death in the future.


0 comments:
Post a Comment