Equipment issues don't really end with a new bike, as you may have guessed.
A few words about my relationship with helmets. I used to hate them. Back in Germany we never had to wear helmets and no one ever did (well, maybe the racers, I guess, but that's it!) There were no laws against cycling without a helmet so why on earth would you wear one? (I wonder if that's changed - it's been a while for me after all...) I remember that I told my new friend in Toronto, who showed up for our bike tour in full gear, that "helmets are for nerds". :-o Shame, shame, shame on me! I've changed my attitude since because I see all those cool and sporty people wear them. I want to be one of them so I'd better get with the program! Plus it's the law anyway. I've been wearing my helmet with pride the last couple of times. It's all a matter of attitude. Also: back when we didn't wear helmets, we would often sit in the trunk of my dad's hatchback and wave at the drivers behind us on the highway doing 200 km/h while dad lit up another smoke. Those days are definitely over!
Then there are the gloves.
Weell...
I've been (ab)using these for weightlifting for quite a while now. I think a new pair is in order.
So off to the mall I go today, see what they have.
I also need some suitable pants, I only have those flared 70s jeans.



0 comments:
Post a Comment