A couple of years ago I saw this amazing documentary by Kriss Carr, an actress and photographer who was diagnosed with "epithelioid hemangioendothelioma (EHE), a vascular cancer in the lining of the blood vessels in her liver and lungs so rare that only 0.01 percent of the cancer population has it. Around 200 to 300 cases are diagnosed nationwide every year. The cause: unknown. The cancer was stage IV—incurable and inoperable.[...]
Carr hit the books and the Internet. (“I tell people I have a Ph.D. from Google University,” she says, laughing.) She traded in fast food for a vegan diet and swapped martinis for a green brew of cucumbers, kale, celery and sprouts. She formed a “posse” with other young women with cancer. She explored alternative therapies, including massage and meditation, and even spent time in a Zen monastery. And she began the empowering process of documenting and filming her journey—everything and everyone she met, from the physicians to the gurus to the quacks. (Beware of quick fixes, she warns: “If anyone offers guarantees—run!”)" Source: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=living-with-cancer-kris-carr
I remember looking her up after the documentary and I stumbled over her Blog that she'd started right here with Blogger! She is actually the reason I registered with Blogger. It was wonderful: light, educational, and very empowering. She has a great way of connecting with her audience and is absolutely hilarious. What an inspiration!
This is her new home on the Web: Crazy Sexy Cancer
And this is her new Blog: Crazy Sexy Life
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Inspiring People: Kris Carr
Posted by Ze O at Saturday, March 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment